• Liability only policy: covers third party liability for bodily injury and/ or death and property damage. Personal accident cover for owner driver is also included.
• Private car package policy: this covers loss/ damage to the vehicle insured (own damage) along with third party liability cover which includes bodily injury and/or death and property damage, personal accident cover for owner driver and passengers.
Section 1: Loss/ damage to the vehicle insurance (own damage)
The following perils are covered under a comprehensive policy
• Accidental damages caused by external means
• Fire, explosion, implosions, self-ignition, lightning
• Natural calamities: flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost.
• Whilst in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, air, lift or elevator.
• Act of terrorism
• Burglary, theft, housebreaking
• Earthquakes (fire & shock damage)
• Landslide & rockslide
Section 2: third party liability
Benefits & features of third party insurance policy for your vehicles:
• Death or bodily injury to a third party
• Damage to a third party property
• Accidental death of the vehicles owner or driver
• Permanent total disability suffered by the vehicle owner or driver.
Third party injury & property damage: a third party liability cover is as per the requirements of the motor vehicle act, 1988. The insurer will indemnify the insurance against all claims which he may become legally liable to pay to the third parties for injury, death or property damage. The insurer shall be reimbursed the legal cost and expenses incurred by such third parties and recoverable from the insured. In addition, the expenses related to defence cost incurred by the insured are also reimbursed.What is Not Covered ?
• Wear and tear, Depreciation or any consequential loss.
• Mechanical/ electrical breakdown.
• Damage caused by a person driving the car without a valid license.
• Damage caused by a person driving the car under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• Other exclusions as per the policy terms and conditions.